Human Resources Specialist
Are you assertive, friendly, and want to make a difference in the lives of your fellow employees? Rice’s Landscapes Redefined is looking for a motivated individual to play a key role in our success by participating in and managing recruitment/talent acquisition, terminations, performance management, career advancement goals, and employee engagement. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other responsibilities that Management deems necessary.
Talent Acquisition and Recruitment
- Partner with Department Managers regarding staffing needs and job deliverables.
- Attract new talent through advertising, career postings, LinkedIn, and job boards.
- Screen potential candidates including background and reference checks, interviews, and manage pre-employment drug screenings.
- Implement the employee onboarding process and orientation program with the goal of fostering a positive culture within the company.
- Complete New Hire paperwork and H2B documentation.
Training and Development
- Partner with Department Managers to conduct performance evaluations.
- Facilitate the development of production employee career ladders for personal growth that aligns with company goals and monitor individual’s progress.
- Deliver the employee-led training procedures, reviewing with Department Managers for standardization, quality, and completion.
- Reinforce and nurture corporate culture.
- Provide policy updates and communication in accordance with the company handbook and applicable laws.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies, including reviewing the company handbook and Drug-Free Workplace Policy on a yearly basis and updating as needed.
- Schedule and perform all workplace safety inspections.
- Handle employee relations counseling, investigations, and exit interviews.
- Resolve employee relations issues with either employees or managers through effective communication
- and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assist with disciplinary procedures and own the documentation process.
- Aid Department Managers with terminations.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Routinely meet with employees to build rapport and determine overall employee satisfaction.
- Manage and update HR documents and internal databases.
- Proven work experience as a Human Resource Administrator or relevant role
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, in particular)
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws, and federal and state labor employment practices
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills
- BS in Human Resources or relevant field
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
How to Apply
Complete the application below and then click here to complete a brief survey to apply.