Junior Landscape Designer
If you are creative, friendly, and detail oriented, with a passion for landscaping, we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are currently seeking to fulfill a full-time Junior Landscape Designer position.
- Contribute to all phases of project development and general office activities within the design department.
- Support and assist the landscape architect and landscape designer with residential and commercial landscapes.
- Perform site assessments including photos, field measurements of existing conditions, and shooting grades.
- Discuss ideas and concepts with potential clients to effectively create landscape designs.
- Create presentation materials, including renderings, perspectives, and elevations of both hardscape and softscape elements.
- Translate hand-drawn designs into a digitally based platform for continued design development and creating construction drawings.
- Prepare project estimates by analyzing material and labor requirements, including getting bids from approved vendors and subcontractors.
- Take on small residential landscape designs to produce and sell with some guided supervision.
- Some local travel within regular business hours is required.
- This position reports to the Business Manager.
- Degree in landscape design or related field
- 0-3 years of experience working in the landscaping industry
- Proficient with DynaScape and/or another CAD-based software
- Proficient with Office Suite software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Experience with computer-aided 3D modeling (Sketchup) a plus
- Knowledge of plant care and identification required
- Knowledge of hardscape construction techniques required
- Must demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management habits
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively
- Visually express complex ideas and solve problems graphically
- See projects through to completion
- Great attention to detail
- Sales experience a plus
The goal for this role is to successfully transition the Junior Landscape Designer into a Landscape Designer/Sales position.
Complete the application below and then click here to complete a brief, 10-minute survey.